Friday, September 3, 2010

Amazed By God

I'm singing this week on our praise team at New Life Church in Sanger, TX.  We are doing some of my favorite songs, so for me it will be a sweet, sweet time of worship.  We are doing a song called Fire Fall Down from Hillsong.  I love this song not only for the words, but because I am reminded of something every time I hear it.

A few months ago we were driving somewhere on our way to something when I heard a voice in the back seat sing these words:


Fire fall down
Fire fall down
On us we pray
As we seek You

Show me Your heart
Show me Your way
Show me Your glory

Over and over again, Julia sang this song until we had all joined in and were singing rather loudly.  Now, she didn't have all the words exact and the tune may have been a little pitchy dawg, but when she was done she asked me, "Mommy, was I singing to God?"  As my heart melted and tears came to my eyes, I answered, "yes, baby".  She said, "Good."  I am often completely amazed by God just in the simple things...just in the small moments.  Remember, your kids watch everything they do.  If my kids imitate anything in my life, I want it to be worshipping my God.  I want them to know real relationship with my Heavenly Father!  The way they will see it is by watching!

If you are reading this today and you don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ, or your relationship is a little distant on your part right now, I encourage you to get to know Him.  He is passionate about you!  If you've never felt real love before, pick up a Bible and communicate with Him.  Don't have access to a Bible?  http://www.crosswalk.com/ is a great website! 
Romans 10: 9-10 says If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 
That is all it takes, folks, believe in your heart and say with your mouth that Jesus is the Lord of your life and you will be saved!  It doesn't take a fancy prayer, just a few words.  He has saved us from so much! 
Then, start your relationship with Jesus by reading your Bible and praying to Him daily.  Don't know where to start?  There are many, many bible study books out there ...amazon.com sells them, mardel.com sells them, I'm sure you can find them on ebay and craigslist.  Find one that interests you and fall in LOVE with Jesus through His Word!  It helps to fellowship with other people who believe, find a church or a home group or a couple of friends to study with! 

I know many reading have already started their relationship with the Father, but this was on my heart today and I had to share!!!  This is totally not where I was going when I started today's blog, but God has the bigger plan here!  Tomorrow I'll talk about Fire Fall Down!

My Soul Sings!!!

Mer

No comments: