Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fear

Photobucket Wow! I wonder if this woman knew someone was taking a picture of her rear end. Let's see. Fear. I've been experiencing something the last couple of days and now I am at peace. I did something I knew I was confident was right, but had an over arching fear that would come over me and yesterday I had a panick attack about it. My poor James didn't know what to do with me. I couldn't quit crying (could be those pesky hormones) and my mind was racing. I got to thinking about it this morning and I'm ok. I just needed a freak out moment. Then, I realized this. God asks us to do things in obedience. We aren't the only ones who have second guessed Him. I won't be the last. Anyway, I did what I thought He asked me to do. Then, Satan shows up and starts whispering...."are you sure that's what God asked you to do?" "Are you sure that was from Him?" "you really shouldn't have done that...now it's all your fault." I listened.
Then I woke up this morning...yes, I am dang sure that I did the right thing because it wasn't from me and I wouldn't have put it the way that I did. So, I'm not second guessing today. I'm not the little chihuahua in the picture, waiting for the butt to fall. I am confident that God is fully capable of handling everything and that the fate of my future doesn't rely on what I did. He is fully capable of righting any wrong that I made or didn't make. So....there.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've been blogging since July 30th!! and today is the first day you tell me!!

your daddy

Meridith Parker said...

yeah, wasn't ready to go public yet.

Cindy Foote said...

thank you for your encouraging comment on our blog. I had to laugh when I saw the pic of the large woman in a chair over the dog. I was on a plane recently and the person next to me was traveling with a dog that 1. was stinky! and 2. was barking. The flight attendant told her to put the dog (in it's carrier) under the seat in front of her. There was a large woman in that seat and I to laugh at the thought of that chair breaking. Cruel, I know - but it was all I had to keep me sane at the moment. HA! - Cindy Foote