Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Introducing...


Meet Tyler Wayne Parker! This is our best sono picture from a few weeks ago. I haven't had time to really mess with getting it uploaded lately. Well, here he is. We're excited to be welcoming him into the world sometime in December.
I was reading a great blog the other day, you can see a link to it on the side of my blog (adopting aria). Cindy was describing some of the 'wonderful' questions and comments that she has received when she tells people that she and her husband are adopting from Ethiopia (which I think is fantastic!). Anyway, it got me thinking about some of the questions all parents struggle with when they are expecting a new bundle of joy. I get looks and comments over the fact that I don't like to deliver in a hospital. I deliver in a birthing center. I guess I get more comments from older adults than people my age, but it seems like it is my choice to make and I think it is healthier for me and my child to do so. It's my opinion. I'm not going to judge someone who has an epi or c-section....heck, I had an epi with my first child and loved it! That is one thing that people comment over. The other thing is the name we have chosen. We like the name Tyler. It fits with our kids names and we just like it. So, if you don't like it, oh well.
I won't even go into the comments about weight and size and all, but we get those as well.

Here's the deal. I think everyone has an opinion on how things should be done. We wouldn't be human if we didn't. I think there is a time and a place to share those opinions, though. If you have an issue with someone's parenting style or education choice, or how their children come into existance, keep it to yourself. We're just doing what we think is best for our children.

No comments: